Tuesday, February 28, 2017

To my sunshine

If there is one thing I learnt in my formative years here, it's what I learnt about unconditional love from someone not related to you, met thousands of miles away from home, and what it takes to love you unconditionally as well.


We met on a cold windy day on the ballooning trip, and soon found each other in solar car again. Between many conversations on the campus connector I begin to enjoy your presence, and very soon can't get enough of them. I just had to wait until three days before I'm leaving to ask for your heart, but you still reciprocated.


Our shared love for books and stars weren't enough to just carry us through - that we have learnt. I learnt from you compassion, to keep calm and separate work from life - work does not define you. And your perseverance, to learn Chinese and watch Chinese shows, especially the trashy one where I was laughing the whole time you were watching it. Together you brought me new experiences that wouldn't have had alone - biking 60 miles to Stillwater, after dinner ice cream with Mr Bean, movies and orchestras and theater shows, scouring art festivals, walking in the park and finding your favorite owl pellets, roasted marshmallows with your family on summer nights, running across the Stone Arch Bridge in the sunset.


Every day is a miracle, a new experience with you. I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world, my beacon of light that guides me through rough waters to the shore. My heart only yearns for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment