Thursday, December 8, 2011

Step by step

…is currently my life’s motto, and an essential motto to tackle the multitudes and multitudes of tasks piling up on this most stressful of all Decembers.

With university applications, final A-level exams, scholarship interviews all in this December – January period… Especially US Applications! If any of you who are reading this are planning to apply, I advise you to start as early as you can! Collecting the teacher’s recommendations and transcripts are harder than what you think is a few trips to the office and former schools… Especially in my small time Brickfields college. Sorry to say, but when I heard that Taylor’s lecturers do their recommendations online, I just had to say ‘what you pay is what you get’. Lol. Of course, for what you don’t pay you’ll have to use your own efforts, which are really not too bad as otherwise they’ll be spent sleeping anyway. In any case, start as early as possible.

My US university list worries me, not to mention the kind Ms.Choong over at University Placements. Do not underestimate the essay, it is something that the American high school students do months in advance. I just hope now that my readings and constant blogging might help a little during these trying times. Caltech, MIT, Stanford, Cornell, Texas A&M. I think I’m going crazy.

Not to mention backup plans… Well, like what I said just now, step by step. And there’s this weird Chinese saying that goes like ‘boats will naturally flow straight when reaching a bridge’ but it just means ‘all’s well ends well’. Hope the ancient wisdoms will be proven true to me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment