Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hey, you’re awesome

A million thanks to someone I conversed with the other day that gave support on my quest to go to USA for tertiary studies. And mentioned the good things about me and even supported me to try the Ivy Leagues. Honestly it made me feel a tad more confident :D

I don’t know if it is because of being the eldest in the family, that parents naturally have high expectations on us; or the Chinese school environment that does not really encourage encouragement and support, or just that I didn’t really get to know many of those people that is good at making your lives a little happier. For a while everyone seems to live a much better, much livelier, much meaningful lives compared to mine. Until one day someone stepped in and said, “Hey, you’re awesome”.

That is something I like about MCKL, something you will never get in that shithouse I was rotting in the last 5 years. Heck, even in the sweathouse of Rembau I do get complimented once or twice compared to none. So, over the years the shit from that shithouse get stuck in my nerves and I’m not really able to give compliments, so forgive me if I dished out painful comments to you before. I’m still working on it, and by the way yeah, MCKL is awesome!

Constructive criticism is another thing similar to compliments, they are also things that I’ll have to work on, in both receiving and giving.

The other day Miss Veronica, our education counsellor called me and mentioned that I have a chance to get into the Ivies, provided that I maintain my results. It left my face glowing for the whole day.

1 comment:

  1. I take back those words, lol :p
    Though I still can't believe you didn't know you are in fact qualified to get accepted to Ivy Leagues with those kind of results 0.0

    ReplyDelete