Sunday, August 29, 2010

Merdekah?

I am a spirit trapped in my skull
I am a consciousness limited in my world
I am a thinker bounded by logic
I am an organism defined by science

I am a man trapped in a life
I am a student just like everyone else
I am a citizen controlled by law
I am a human defined by social norms

Where where where where where where's
That freedom Our forefathers were fighting for?
Where where where where where where's
That freedom that's supposed to liberate us all?
Where where where where where where's
That promised key to unlock all our binding chains
Mr. Han Fei Tzu must be laughing in hell right now!

I want more power to be assigned to me
I want the ability to chart my own course
I want no admin to decide what I do
I want no regulators to decide my value

I want democracy right here and right now
I want individual empowerment instilled in us all
I want equal standings for all people on Earth
Nobody should be left out to walk alone...

...And you are not alone, I am here with you
Though we're not the same, our fart still stinks
And we are not alone, we are Me and You,
They try to split us apart, let's let them taste some fart...

Where where where where where where's
That freedom that's supposed to let us strive
Where where where where where where's
That freedom to allow us to achieve our very high
Where where where where where where's
That freedom That sacred word that lives are lost fighting for
Don't tell me freedom is just an illusion after all

Liberation, Independence,
Freedom to define our world
Democracy, Makkal Sakthi,
Power to change our future
Untitled-1
Note :
1. Han Fei Tzu (280-233 BC) Chinese philosopher, founder and advocate of Legalism, the philosophy that humans are evil and need to be controlled using laws in order to prevent chaos.
2. Makkal Sakthi (மக்கள் சக்தி) – Hindu for “People’s Power”

No comments:

Post a Comment