Sunday, July 11, 2010

Night Cat

2416276391_8cd349b23d_o
“Well, I love a rainy night
I love a rainy night
I love to hear the thunder
Watch the lightning
When it lights up the sky…”

Eddie Rabbit, I love a Rainy Night

Well I do love nights in general, not just rainy nights; but if it rains it will be a lot more cooler than the constant hot summer nights here in Malaysia. The Night, when darkness envelopes the sky, all has gone quiet and at last, peace when I can focus on my stuff; listening to my own scribbling without interference of cars honking, TVs and kids screaming around. Just last night I was watching the third-place match Germany vs. Uruguay, what a fine match it is…but that’s another story.
The night, especially after a few dose of my drug (Teh Tarik), the brain will go into overdrive mode and believe it or not, I can solve many homework problems I’m stuck with during the day. Or else, some nights I just let my imagination run wild while i scribble down what I wouldn’t believe I thought of the next morning I wake up. It’s like I’m in a different time zone, mornings are nights to me, afternoons are mornings to me, and the nights are the evenings to me.
So, can you imagine my excitement – when our teacher told us that due to time zone differences, some of our Edexcel GCE A-Levels papers are going to be held at night? I still remember my exam mornings back in school where the answers would somehow be laced with some careless mistakes which costs me my A, and maybe the a in Malay Language in my SPM. Yes, this is perfect, really perfect…
And I’m proud to proclaim – I am a night cat! I love the peace, serenity and darkness of the night! I love the Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment