Friday, September 18, 2009

Sensitive Tooth vs. Human Nature

One day in the school holidays, I was gobbling ice cream and suddenly, "Ouch!" It was the beginning of the cursed tooth exodus, the black sheep of otherwise my perfect palate and the source of my frustration for weeks.

No, it wasn't the normal sensitive tooth caused my receding gums, the cause is a part of the dentine in the center of the tooth is exposed. Just a week before the start of the exodus, I had that sensitive tooth filled, and it seems that (ahem, cannot tahan-edy) fucking dentist drilled too deep of a hole inside my tooth before filling it. When I went to complain, it appears that particular dentist is fired. My mum who had her tooth filled by that dentist too felt pain from her tooth - right after it was filled, until now, despite going back to the clinic to dig out the filling and replacing it. I just got some oxalate compound and a sensitive toothpaste, the thought of "digging it out" frightened me.

This taught me a thing about human nature. I didn't care much about my teeth until this happened. Well this isn't my fault (I suppose), but I admit I didn't brush my teeth properly, including gargling and flossing it. One does not appreciate things until it is malfunctioning or gone. I'm telling you this, so you can prevent this from happening to you.

By the way, this is a reminder of how you brush your teeth - the wrong way will cause receding gums and sensitive tooth. This is the way -

No comments:

Post a Comment