Monday, May 5, 2008

Icy Daggers

As we walked past each other
Crossing paths in parallel motion
Two icy daggers are unsheathed and met
Duelled
Retreated
And our hearts bled

I turned around to you
Threw my dagger on the floor
I pulled your sleeves
But you walked away
Into the abyss

You left me standing there
Immobilized hopeless
Planted into the ground
Watching you away

Every time I saw you
Your dagger pierced right through my heart
Every time I met you
The scar in my soul cries in pain

I raised my dagger up high
Memories flashing by
In a flash
My shadow fell with water sliding down

/ - - Extension - - /

What was once my starlight
Is now my black hole
Seeping all my happiness away
Memories of yesteryear seems so fake
Compared to the realities of today

I gave my hand to you
But you pushed me away
Is the thing between you and me
So hard to forget

You left me rooted there
Immobilized Disillusioned
Planted into the ground
Watching you away

Every time I saw you
Our magnet repels you away
Even with eye contacts
You blind me with your cold stares

I asked the sky
“Why it had to be me”
In a flash
Rain fell and got mixed with my hot tears

1 comment: